Wednesday, March 5, 2014

October

October meant we could move into our house! This was HUGE for me. When we got married we had a townhouse that we really liked. When our lease was up, we moved into a basement apartment. We liked it there too. When we found out a friends tenants ditched his townhouse and he asked if we were able to rent it. As it turned out, we were able to, but he did have someone else living in the basement bedroom. We didn't really see him, but i was uncomfortable with living with some strange guy in the basement, and sharing the kitchen and laundry room with him. Then my sister asked if we could live with them and help them out with the rent. The basement was all our (or was for the most part) but the kitchen was shared space and kids seemed to be everywhere) then we moved into another basement apartment at robs sisters house, then in with robs parents for a month. Needless to say, I was SUPER excited to move into our townhouse, a place where we didn't live with anyone. (Its been heaven) the move was semi crazy, but we got it all done and settled in. We are in robs parents stake, and his brother Brent's ward. I love this ward (more on that later too) the end of October brought on a fun event for us. We found out what baby #2 was. I was still super sick, and still determined that it was a boy. I had the crazy idea that I wanted to do a gender reveal, and rob was good enough to go along with me. While talking to robs sisters Kim and Katy, they said they wanted to find out and surprise us along with everyone else. Rob once again agreed but did so hesitantly. When the time came for the ultrasound, we got to watch for a little bit, but then closed our eyes when they looked at the gender. They put all the pictures in a gender neutral envalope, and we left. We had lunch, then dropped off the results to Katy. We then had to wait about 5 hours to find out, while Katy, Kim, and my mom knew. It was pretty much torture. When dinner finally happened, we did dessert first, since that is how they did the reveal. I'll let the pictures tell what we are having.....The other thing that I wanted to make sure I added was Halloween. I didn't get any good picture of Anistyn in her costume, but she was the cutest little cupcake that has ever walked the planet. We went to Robs work and went trick or treating, and my moms work the day before and then Halloween night we went and saw nana and grandpa (robs parents) and then went trick or treating with his sister Cindy and Cheri who also love right by us. Halloween night we had taco soup. It was anistyns first time having it, and she LOVED it, I couldn't feed it to her fast enough! We also took Anistyn to the opening Jazz game, she really enjoyed it, and even managed to sleep a little during the game (I have no idea how she does that) That means she has gone to an opening Bees game, and now an opening Jazz game. Kind of a fun tradition to keep going. One thing I want to mention is we had our first "blood" with Anistyn. It was all my fault, and I felt Terrible about it. Anistyn needed her finger nails clipped, and I couldn't find the baby clippers, so I used normal clippers. BIG mistake. I cut her poor little thumb, and that thing bled! it was scary, we didn't know if we need to go to instacare and get stitches, but after talking to robs cousin that is a nurse, she said we were okay. still WORST mom of the year award goes to me. I have learned my lesson. only baby clippers from here on out. I guess the other thing that happened, that was not such a good thing, was mid October, I got laid off. Winter time is the slow time for the mortgage world, and we were just not getting enough orders to keep me working, and since I was the newest person doing my job (even though I had been there 2 years) I was let go. They said they will call me in the spring if things picked up and I may be able to start working again.... we shall see. Here are the pictures I have from the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment