Thursday, January 12, 2012

We Will Rock You

Last night, Rob and I went on an awesome date. We went to the Jazz vs Laker game. Rob found a "deal" on floor seats, and it was SUPER fun. Rob wanted to go downtown before I got off work, so he took Tracks, and I went straight to the arena when I was off. We got there a little before the arena opened, so we just hung out. I was super sad to find out that Camera's were not allowed, So I left my cameras in the car. When the doors opened, we went straight to our seats, and BOY WERE THEY AWESOME!We had floor seats. 2nd row. at the half court line. This was our view.

When we got to our seats, we were just in awe of the players warming up. Right away we saw Artest (I refuse to call him Metta World Piece) We watched and snapped pictures with our phones (Come to find out- I could have brought in my camera- they didnt even search my bag! and everyone else had them-boo!) After watching them for about 15 or so minutes, One of the ushers came up to us and said if we wanted to get dinner, we should go now, since it closed at 7. We went up to where we were directed to find dinner, since it was included in the price of our tickets. Now, I was expecting to be able to chose between pizza, Nacho's something like that. NO! it was prime rib! it was buffet style and I was very glad that it was yummy, because we were starving. When we were done with dinner, we went back to watch the game. we saw the last little bit of warmups










The game was awesome, at halftime, we went back upstairs to get some free snacks and then watched the rest of the game. It was a close game, and it even went into overtime, thanks to a Kobe Buzzer shot to tie the game.



It was an awesome game to watch, and even better since the Lakers sealed the night with a W!


One cool thing I wanted to add was that we got to sit next to Gail Miller. While sitting there and cheering for the Lakers felt a little weird, it was awesome seeing her at the game. I read Larry H. Millers Biography last year and truly loved it. It was awesome sitting by her.


Thank you Rob for an amazing date. I love you!

PS. Sorry about the super bad phone pictures- Next time we go I know better!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I went to that same game when I lived in UT. Because who cares about the Jazz... its all about the LAKERS! haha so glad you got to go with awesome seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had so much fun!! So jealous over here!! :D

    ReplyDelete