Monday, January 9, 2012

Concrete Angels

This past weekend, and today (As well as other times-but it really hit me this weekend) the cruelty and injustice that takes place in our world has been thrust into the spotlight. I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us, and that he knows what he is doing, but right now, I just see the injustices.

If you watch the news, or read the newspaper, or go to MSN.com or any other website, you hear stories everyday about a child dying due to neglect from a parent, caregiver, anybody really. Harm to a child from the hand of someone a child depends completely and solely on for their care. How is that right? and how are some parents not receiving the harshest power of the law? My cousin told me a TERRIBLE story on Friday evening about this. I saw a story on the news today about another infant. HOW CAN A MOTHER/PARENT do something so barbaric to their own child, there own flesh and blood! Now, I'm not saying I have all the answers, and that the parents did not have some kind of outside factor contributing up to their actions. But that is not the point I'm trying to make. My point is not how can a parent do that to their own child. My point is, How can women get pregnant when this is the end result? That is where I find the injustice.

I know several women, AMAZING women. STRONG women, LOVING women, who cant get pregnant. I know couples that have been trying for YEARS to have a baby, and Cant. Or they have had to go through the pain and heartache of burying a child. Loving parents who would do/have done everything they can to bring a baby into this world, and give that baby all the love possible, and do everything to make that baby happy... who cant.

It breaks my heart knowing an amazing couple cant have kids, and then I hear a story of a parents neglect resulting in them ending that precious gifts life!

I wish there would be an end to this, yet I know there never will be. I know those special angel children knew what they were signing up for, yet I feel like society is so robbed of a precious child, because of a parents horrific choices.

I realize that I am a little emotional about the subject, due to having some difficulty trying to conceive, but I would feel like this even if I wasn't. Even if Rob and I were able to get pregnant at the drop of a hat, I would still be so mad at the injustice of a parent harming a child.

Sorry for the Rant, I just had to get it off my chest....

1 comment:

  1. I knew I shouldn't have told you that story. It breaks my heart every time I hear of a child being abused. I hate it! It isn't fair. The only thing that helps is that they are now safe in Heaven. They will no longer have to suffer through years and years of abuse.

    ReplyDelete