Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Im bringing sexy back

Well, not yet. but that is the goal!

I have always been little. I have never been over weight. And up until I got married, I was in great shape. I had my 6 pack, and nice legs, and what-not. Marriage has changed that. I don't blame Rob for it, I just think that priorities have changed. It used to be so easy to get off work and go to the gym for an hour. When I got married, I went home and made dinner, so it was on the table when Rob got home. Then it went to not cooking, and eating out more... Needless to say... Things have changed a little with my body... Don't get me wrong, I am okay with my body, but I'll be honest, I want my pre wedding body back, and by Golly, I will do it!!!


CONS: (Its always easier to start with Cons, get depressed, and then add the Pro's to bring up some self esteem)

*I CAN NOT run out in the cold. I used to love running. I ran all the time at the gym back in my single days. I tried running this past Sunday night, and I thought I was going to die. my lungs burned, and I thought I was going to throw up. -Not a pleasant feeling- AND, I ran around my block. It was .7 miles, and I thought it was A LOT further than that. So I was a little discouraged with the distance I was able to endure (this has been the butt of many jokes at my house. Especially by Rob)

*My husband is a slave driver! last night, he asked if I had done any exercises, and I said no. He then said I had to do 100 squats and 100 push ups (at least he let me do the girl ones! he he) It took a good 40 or so minutes to do this. I felt good after, but sometimes the pressure makes me want to stop (don't worry- I'm determined enough to not quit)

*Eating healthy is kind of a pain in the butt! I went to the grocery store on Saturday, and it took me longer than normal (and I HATE grocery shopping) It takes longer to compare and find the healthier foods, AND it costs so much more!

PROS:

*I'm enjoying watching what I eat. I have a lot of different snack options to eat while at work, so I'm not getting tired of things. Its also making me eat 3 meals a day (for the most part) I am now no longer skipping Breakfast, which makes me less hungry throughout the day, and I'm not snacking as much. In my fitness plan, I'm allowed 1200 Calories. I think I have only exceed that goal once in the week I have been doing this. Most of the time, I am way under. But I'm eating the right kinds of snacks (trail mix, laughing cow and crackers, fruit and veggies) so I'm not as hungry as I used to be if I ate a bag of chips in the middle of the day. So I'm eating better, and less. I just need to work on hitting my calorie goal, and not fall short everyday- I'm just not that hungry!

*My husband is a slave driver! (yes- its a pro and a con) last night, he asked if I had done any exercises, and I said no. He then said I had to do 100 squats and 100 push ups (at least he let me do the girl ones! he he) It took a good 40 or so minutes to do this. I felt good after, but sometimes the pressure makes me want to stop (don't worry- I'm determined enough to not quit) I want to prove to him that I can keep on doing this. despite the pain my muscles are going through, or the burning in my lungs. I didn't realize HOW competitive I was until I started this.

*I'm feeling better! I'm sleeping better! and I have more energy throughout the day! Despite the fact that Some days I cant walk, or lift my arms, I'm feeling mentally good about the changes I have made. I still wish I could do more cardio, I know that I cant just jump into things, and it will take time.

*I have a good support system. I have an app on my iPhone, iPad, and can update on the website. It is the myfitnesspal app, and I LOVE IT. It allows you to track everything. Foods eaten, water intake, exercise done etc (It even finds calories in foods from restaurants, or you can add your own recipes and it will break it down into servings- it really is AMAZING). The other thing I love about it, is that you can have friends on it, and you support each other. Its also super easy to use!

GOALS:

*So, As stated at the beginning, I want to get my pre wedding body back. I want to hit my goal by March 26, 2012 (I figure that will be 2 years of wedding bliss- why not have that as my goal to get my body back!)

*I want to keep up these healthy habits long after I hit my goal- I want this to continue to be a lifestyle. I wont want to lose any more weight, but by then I would like to tone more, Be able to run more, eat healthier, etc.

*I want to do more Cardio. I don't know how exactly I will do this, since running outside is not really an option in the cold and the inversion. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have a defiant plan.

*I want to get pregnant. I have been telling myself this from the beginning- maybe I cant get pregnant because I'm not eating right. I don't know if this could be scientifically proven, but its an AMAZING incentive to me. (I think of having a baby when I want to splurge, or not exercise- it does WONDERS)

If anybody is looking to get into shape, or keep up a healthy lifestyle. I really do recommend this app. Its free on iPhone/Droids/iPads, as well as the website. If you do join, go ahead and add me as a friend. Cartersgal. We can motivate each other and I bet you will love it too!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN to that, I gained a whopping ....drum role...35 pounds since I've been married! Now I should just shut the hell up, get off the comp, and head to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Goal!!! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete