Monday, August 15, 2011

Surprise Party Success!

I threw Rob a surprise party for his 32nd birthday, and it actually worked!! I found out a week or so before his birthday that Brent and Katy would be in from California for a wedding, and I just couldn’t resist attempting to surprise Rob. (I honestly didn’t think it would work) After talking to Katy, I called both of my moms and mentioned it to them, to see what they thought. I got my mom to ask Rob where he wanted to go for dinner, he picked chilis (Or maybe I picked it, I don’t know) anyway, I told my mom the time, and which location. Then I text both of our families and a few of his close friends. I was worried I would get responses while Rob was around, but I didn’t! (yay for all of you guys!!) I got everything planned while on my lunches, or while I was waiting for Rob to get off work. (thanks in large part to the delete/edit/clear functions on my iphone) I told everyone to meet at 6:45 and Rob and I would be there at 7. Well, Rob and I got there at 6:50 (despite all my best efforts to stall) When we were walking in (after a very quiet day- I was afraid to talk to him too much, because I was afraid I would let the secret out, so I had Rob do most of the talking, or we sang to the radio.) When walking into the restaurant, Rob asked if it was just the three of us (he and I and my mom) I nodded my head in a yes/no fashion. When we got in the door, Rob started telling the hostess 3, but I just kept walking on. He only saw my mom and sister, and her kids, and a few balloons. Then he looked down the table and saw everyone else. All in all, I think it was a great success. I don’t know if I will ever do it again, because it was super stressful, but I am glad it worked out so well!

Thank you Momma Ludlow, Momma and Dad Carter, Grandma Luing, Gma and Gpa Meador, Britt, Konnor, Chloe, Theresa, CC, Haley, Kelby, Cheri, Cindy, Brent T, Janelle, Kent, Mason, Scott, Mckay, Tony, Loni, and Brent and Katy! We love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on a successful surprise! Happy Birthday Robert! Love you.
    Emily we miss you guys too, we are going to be in Ut not this weekend but the next for a race at Bear Lake. It will be super quick, (we get in late Friday, do the race Saturday, and turn around come home Sunday.) Janelle and Kent are coming up Sat, after the race we were going to hang out at the lake and swim around. I know it is super far but if yall want to come up it would be fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete