Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bear Lake (year 3)

Every year, Robs family goes up to bear lake for a weekend. The first time I went, was when Rob and I had only knew each other for about a week (well, face to face- we had been texting for a while before we met) It was our 3rd or so date, and that’s when I met most of his family. I loved the family instantly! The Tarr’s and the Wegwitz’s have always been there, other than that, the company has changed a little here and there. There was one big difference in this years trip, compared to the others. Rob wasn’t there. (He had been sprayed with pepper spray at work on Thursday and they said it could react in the heat for up to 3 days, and he didn’t want to go through that again, and he had a test first thing on Monday morning, so he decided to stay home and get ready for it) We did have new faces, besides The Tarr’s and Wegwitz’s we had Robs sister Debbie and her family (they live in Virginia, and I met them for the first time last week, and I was super glad they came up, because I got to know them even better, they are great!) and then Robs brother Al’s wife Karen came in from California, along with her kids. (I had met her a few times, but I love her!) it was also fun having Scott there (he was in California last year giving his homecoming talk), as well as Haley. (Haley is my niece who works with me, she is Karen’s daughter)

Scott, Haley and I headed out on Friday afternoon, and after a stop and getting lunch, we were lake bound. When we got to the lake, we said hello, and then set off to set up our tents. After that, we visited, played games, and ate dinner. That night was really hard for me, Im not a fan of sleeping without Rob, but it was even worse being in a tent all by myself, cold, during a Thunder Storm. The storm made me wake up at about 4AM, and I couldn’t go back to sleep, Finially, I decided at 6 to go to the bathroom, and just as I was getting out of my tent, there came the rain. A few other people were up, so I decided to eat breakfast, and visit and watch the storm. I was worried that the storm would last all day, but we were lucky, and it cleared up by about 9. We got everything ready, and headed to get the boats. We were on the lake and/or the beach until about 3:30, then we came back and I made dinner for everybody. (Im not even going to mention the accident that I caused with my little nephew nate while I was making dinner, Im still so mad at myself, and I feel TERRIBLE) after dinner, we played more games, had a bon fire, played some more, and then went to sleep. This time I was on a couch, and it was a little warmer, but I still didn’t sleep well (I got my first sunburn at the lake and it was really uncomfortable when I was lying down) The next morning, we just visited in the morning, cleaned up, took down tents, packed up, and headed home. It was a really fun weekend, and I loved being on the water. I missed Rob like crazy (since this was a yearly tradition- It was hard not to think of him all the time) But Im looking forward to next year, and I love spending time with Family.

I have now met 12 of 13 of Robs siblings, and I think its safe to say that I married into an amazing family, and that I am one lucky girl.



2 comments:

  1. Looks way fun! I love Bear Lake! I'm glad you married into such a neat family. I bet it's so fun with him having so many siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ummm...like I tell your brother, there is this amazing thing called sunscreen that prevents those nasty sunburns! And you can still tan while wearing it! Tee hee! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete