Monday, August 29, 2011

My first bundt!

For a while now, I have been in a baking mood. Usually I will just make brownies from a box, or cupcakes from a mix. Well, this past weekend, I was feeling brave. Initially I wanted to make fluffy sugar cookies, but I couldnt find a recipie I trusted, and most recipies said the dough should chill for a while, and I didnt have all weekend by the time I decided I was actually going to bake something. I was looking through my recipis that I have collected in the years past. I came across a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie recipie. I decided thats what I was going to make. Then, as I was getting everything ready to bake, I remember my wonderful mother in law got me a bundt pan for my birthday, and I was yet to use it. I decided to look online and see if I could make a bundt cake instead. I found a recipie, that 2 blogs had posted, and I decided to try that Recipie. The Cake was WONDERFUL! Rob and I didnt eat it until tonight, but it so so yummmy! Since I am feeling nice, I am going to share the recipie, in case you want to make it too!!







3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1.25 cups canola oil
2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin (or one 15 oz. can)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside.

In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt) together.

Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the oil and the pumpkin, mixing well, and blend in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Bake in the greased and floured bundt pan, for 60 minutes.

Let cool in pan for ten minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.

ENJOY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! We will definitely have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look quite delish. Just for future reference, I have THE BEST EVER sugar cookie recipe if you want it... it uses real whipping cream- which makes all the difference in the world. Yum. Now you made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete