Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Watching Airplanes

Tuesday, June 5, we got ready, Packed our bags, and checked out of the hotel. The plan was to go to Fords theater and the Peterson house (Where president Lincoln was Shot, and later died) but they were sold out. I was sad about this, as Lincoln is my favorite president, and I was really looking forward to seeing the theater and the house- but its okay. We headed back to DC and Rob dropped me off at the Lincoln Monument and I ran up and took a few pictures (we were gonna go earlier in the week, but it was always after we walked around all day, and my feet and legs just couldn't take it.) I took a few pictures of there, and the Washington Monument. (Rob saw the monuments when he was in DC when he was 16 or so) After the Monument, we headed to the airport, we got there early, walked around the gift shops, and got lunch. We ended up getting Robs mom a present, and Baby girl carter (I really wanted to find her something, since this was her first trip) Can you tell who got what? ha ha We said farewell to DC, and headed to Denver where we had a layover. Our lay over was only supposed to be an hour and a half, but we ended up being there for about 5 hours (if we would have known that, we would have seen if family wanted to do dinner or something- but we didn't know we would be there all night) We looked in the gift shops, ate dinner, and waited for the flight (thank heaven for ipads/iphones to entertain us while we waited) We landed back in Salt Lake at about Midnight, got our car, and headed home, where we fell right asleep. If was a really fun trip, and I am glad Rob and I got one last one before the baby comes. It was good to just hang out and spend time together, especially with Rob's schedule, where sometimes we can go a few days without really seeing each other. I loved seeing all the sites, and the history that is in that city!

No comments:

Post a Comment