Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Country 'Tis Of Thee

Monday, June 4th we woke up and headed to Nationals Park to do our Stadium tour. Rob was super excited, and of course, we got to the stadium super early. After Rob got a new shirt in the team store, we headed into the stadium. The tour was more fun than I expected. We got to see how the Rich people enjoy games, and see and hear about the team and their history. Rob was excited when he saw a Nationals player practicing in the batting cage, and when he got to throw a pitch in the bull pen (He threw a strike) Our tour was fun, there was only 4 of us, so it was semi private and our tour guide knew EVERYTHING! (She has been there from the beginning) After the tour, we met up with Rob's Friend Melissa at "We the Pizza". It was pretty good. We visited with her for a little bit, then walked down capitol hill to the US capitol building. The capitol tour was probably my least favorite thing we did. It was cool to see the rotunda, and all the detail that is there, and all the statues were cool, but its a "see once and your good for life" type of place. After the Capitol, we headed back to Alexandria, and tried to find a mall or something for some suvioners, We were unsuccessful, and just decided to go to dinner. We couldn't really find/decide on a place, so we just decided to go to Mango Mikes since it was at the intersection we were at. I was excited because from the outside, it looked like Mexican food (and I LOVE mexican food, especially with this pregnancy) I was however, a little worried when we walked in and realized it was Caribbean food, especially since this pregnancy has made me some-what sensitive to food. We were so hungry that we just decided to stay. Rob ended up getting some kind of seafood plate, and I got the sliders (yes, I know, super Caribbean) They were super good, and by the end of our meal, I was VERY happy with our location choice. After dinner, we went back to the hotel, spent some time and money in the gift shop (we each got a T shirt and our shot glass- We have gotten one everywhere we have gone, except for Dallas- We need to see if a family member will bring one in for us when they come, or mail it to us) After that, we just settled into our room for our last night in DC. (Meaning Rob watched a game, and I fell asleep within seconds of getting in bed. Yes- I know, I am the life of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment