Monday, October 24, 2011

Hero

On Thursday, September 20th, Rob graduated! It was a really cool experience, and I was glad I got to see it. The morning of the graduation, We met up with all the other officers and their family members. The wives and family members went into a "class" of sorts, where a Sargent spoke to us about the jobs our husbands would be doing, and what to expect as a result of that job. They gave us both warning signs, and advice. The class kind of scared me, but I also think there was a lot of good advice given. After the class, we headed into find our seats. Once the graduation started, I heard an amazing version of the National Anthem, sung by my own husband, and his brother Scott. I had heard them sing it the night before as they praticed, but it didnt prepare me for the emotion that I felt as they sang it for the graduation. Robs mom has it on video, and if I can get a copy of it, I will post it. After the Anthem, There was the normal speahes and awards. Rob got the Visionary award, which is a great honor. Then came time to get their certificates. Of course, my husband was the only one who didnt turn so we could get a picture of him getting it. Ha Ha. After that, they got sworn in. This was also a very emotional thing for me to watch. I had an overwhelming sense of pride and love for Rob and for the responsibility he has taken on. After the graduation, we took some pictures, and then headed to lunch with some more family. Lunch was good, and as always, the family time was amazing. I want to thank Mom and Dad Carter, Momma Ludlow, the Tarr's, Grandma Luing, Scott, and My sisters, Mindi and Brittany for making the day so much fun!

Before I post the pictures, I wanted to take a minute and share a few thoughts about Rob. I am so proud of you, and for the decision you made. I know the academy was hard, and some days you didnt think you could memorize one more thing, or walk one more step, but you did it, and Im very proud. I know your job will be stressful, and there will be bad days, but I want you to know that I will always be there for you, wether its to talk, or to just let you rest after a bad day. Im so proud of you, and I love you so much! you are my hero!














"Class 284, Strong To The Core"

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congrats Robert, so proud of you! You look so official in that uniform, I guess its the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Robert!! That is so awesome, we wish we could have been there! Thanks for posting pics :) You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete