Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rocky Mountain High...Colorado

This past weekend, Rob and I were able to sneek away for a weekend in Colorado, along with a little brother, and a cousin. The weekend started out on Friday. I was hoping to get off work at 12:00, but my boss had other plans. I was finally able to sneek away at 2PM (since I was at work at 6AM). We packed up the car, and headed to Colorado. We got there at about 10:30 PM, and met up with Ryan and Jill, Robs cousin we were staying with for the weekend (OMG, I LOVE her house!!)we stayed up talking until 2AM, then headed off to bed. We woke up the next morining and met up with uncle Larry go spend a few hours on the boat. We grabbed breakfast, and then went to Carter lake (I know, fitting right?)It was a cloudy day, but the lake was nice, and despite the few raindrops, we had A LOT of fun (I love my uncles boat) after that, we went home and got ready for the Rockies game. (it was a first for Rob and I)before the game, we went to a place called Biker Joe's. Its a hot dog place that has hot dogs made out of CRAZY different ingredients. I got a normal hot dog, and it was THE BEST hot dog I have ever had. After eating, and letting the Rain end, we went into the stadium. The game was fun, and we (Jill, Janelle, and I) did a lot of people watching. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them. After the game, we headed back to Jill and Ryans, and made a fire and had Smores. I had a little accident, and fell off my chair, and it was SOOOO funny. Im not sure what exactly happened, all I know is one minute im on the chair, and the next, the gravel shifted, and I was on the ground. Dont worry though, the Smore stuff was safe. After that, I went to bed early, I was exhausted, and not feeling very well. Everyone else stayed up and played Rock band for a while. The next morning, we got up and got ready and headed into Boulder. It was a really fun little part of town, where we just window shopped, and watched a few street performers. They had this really cool "Dog". It was a guy in a costume, but he was really good at acting like a dog. after we were done walking around, we at at a place called BJ's pizza. It was super good (and Rob and I succeed on eating things that were not in Utah- thats two trips in a row!) after lunch, we headed back to Utah. I think this is where the real adventure starts. I drove from Boulder CO, to Rock Springs WY. (it was about 5 hours) we stop and get gas, and then Rob started to Drive. Janelle and I were in the back seat falling asleep, when I hear a bad noise, and Rob is pulling over. We had a flat tire on the Drivers front side. Rob and Scott were able to change it in no time, and we were back on the road again. This was at about 9:45PM-ish. We dropped Janelle off at her house in Ogden, and I was falling asleep in the backseat again, when I hear Scott or Rob say "Oh crap, we have ANOTHER flat tire" we were in downtown SLC. about 3 minutes from my house. This time it was the Passanger Front tire. We get off the freeway and Scott runs to his house (yes, he literally RAN) this is about 12:30AM. Scott Ran to his house, got his bike, rode it to my house, got his car, came back, and we tried his spare tire. It was just a little off. So then he drove to his house to see if his roomates tires might work. No such luck. He got back, and we called a Tow truck to take the car to our house. The Tow guy comes in record time. He is getting the car on his rig, has to pull it up and down a few times, and finally comes up to us and says "Im gonna be honest, I just broke your power stearing." Its now 1:45AM Monday morning. They take the car to the shop, and the guy says they are paying for the car to be replaced. (as they should). needless to say, we got home and to bed at about 2:30AM to wake up at 5:30 for work. It was a LONG monday. But the trip was really fun, and I was glad we got to spend time with family. I love Robs family! Here are a few pictures.









1 comment:

  1. We loved having you guys! It was such a fun trip, ya'll are welcome to come anytime!

    ReplyDelete