Sunday, July 3, 2011

San Fransisco California

SO, I know I have completley neglected my blog for the entire month of June, but in my defense, we were gone for half of it. :-)
So here we go on our trip. I decided the easiest way to do it, will be a blog post for each city. So San Fransisco, Bakersfield and Ventura County, San Diego, LA, and Las Vegas.

So on with the show! Rob and I packed up our car on Satuday, all but the last minute stuff. We woke up at 3:00AM on Sunday, and headed out. We drove almost all of the way to San Fransisco, only stopping for gas. When we got to San Fransisco, we went straight to our hotel (A Holiday Inn Express) After we got situated in our hotel, we headed out to do a "driving tour" of the city. We drove past AT&T park, then up and down the streets in hope of seeing the sights, and finding something Good to eat for dinner. Rob and I had decided that we only wanted to eat food that was distinctly city originals. We found several places we wanted to try, but parking was so crazy! We ended up driving through chinatown, and japantown and just the main streets of Good Old San Fran. We couldnt find a place to park for several restaurants, and we were quickly becoming tired, and on the verge of starvation so we headed back towards our hotel, and found an IHOP. (I know, I know, first place we eat and we break our goal.- but on a Sunday night, after driving in a car all day, we didnt really bother worrying about it.) After we ate, we went back to the hotel, watched some TV, and went to sleep.

The next morning we headed out for our adventures. It was a cold and rainy day. We started out at Fishermans Warf. We walked around the shops, watched the seals at pier 39, ate a super Yummy lunch at Bubba Gumps (A first for both of us) Then we walked around some more. After Fishermans Warf, we headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. Rob asked If I wanted to drive on it, but I decided seeing it would be enough. We went to Golden Gate Bridge State Park, took some pictures, and then headed for Lombard street. We drove down Lombard street (for those of you who dont know what Lombard street is, its a VERY curvy residential street.- I hope that helps, because my pictures of it are not that great) after Lombard street we headed to AT&T park. Rob was a little excited to get to the park, and we arrived about 3 hours BEFORE we were even allowed into the park. We walked around the stadium, then just hung out. It was cold and Rainy, and I was hoping that the all day rain would stop in time for the first pitch.

When we were finally in the stadium, we watched batting practice, and Rob was able to catch a ball. The San Fransisco Giants played the Washington Nationals. During batting practice, there was this little boy standing next to me hoping to catch a ball, and I told Rob that if I caught a ball, it would be a toss up between who I gave it to, him, or the little boy to my left. Luckily for Rob, the little boys dad caught one in his hat for him, so Rob got to keep our game ball. This gave us an idea for future games (I will tell you more about it when we get to our next game) When the game started, We were all waiting for Tim Lincecome (AKA the freak) to pitch is 1000 carrier strike out. he did it! it was pretty cool to see a milestone. At one point the Giants were losting, but in the 9th inning, they came back and tied the game, sending us unto extra innings. The game went 13 innings, and almost 4 hours. The game ended after midnight, and I was FROZEN. but it was a lot of fun, and I think it was my favorite ballpark (besides Dodger stadium of course) After the game, we went back to the hotel and went to bed. We were planning on leaving early the next day to drive the 6 hours to Bakersfield to Visit Robs sister Kim and her family. thats all for now, here are some pictures of San Fransisco.

The Bay Bridge


Rob wearing a weird hat in a shop in Fishermans Warf


Alcatraz


Golden Gate Bridge from Fishermans Warf


Cute Playful Seals at Pier 39 at Fishermans Warf




This is as close as I got to a Trolly










Lombard Street






The "Freaks" 1000 Strike out.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! An update! Glad to see all the pics, San Fran looks like so much fun! Can't wait for the next one.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to San Fran, looks way fun! I'm excited to see more pictures and hear about the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete