Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bakersfield and Magic Mountain

I am very sad to say this..... But I didnt really get any pictures of this part of our trip :-( But I have substituted some.

When we left San Fransisco, We headed to bakersfield. On the way there, I fell asleep. It was one of the last times I slept in the car due to this:



Once we got to B-town, we met up with Robs sister Kim, her husband, and there adorable 4 daughters. We Ran to Costco and grabbed lunch, and then we just hung out and had a really good Hamburger from a little place in Bakersfield then we just hung out somre more at the house until Kim and I went to a baby shower for someone in her ward. It was so much fun hanging out with Kim! I wish she lived closer, We hung out for a while at the shower, and then extended our little night out by going to target. ( I had thought I was pregnant, and I figured I should know for sure before we went to Magic Mountain and I went on all the big roller coasters- Im not pregnant FYI- I thought I had a good chance of it, but Kim and I took a test, and it was negative, It was kind of hard to learn, but it is ok. Im so glad Kim made me take the test, and Im so glad she was with me when I found out I wasnt. She and I had a long talk, and Im so glad I have such a wonderful sister!) When we got home, We found Rob and Ryan playing Call of Duty, along with one of Kims daughters, she was so cute, she wanted to play with the boys (I just love those girls!!) We finally went to sleep, and left the next morning for a 2 or so hour drive to Ventura County, where Magic Mountain is.

I was not really looking forward Magic Mountain, in fact, it was the only thing I was dreading. I love Disneyland and their rides, but I had never been on "big Rollercoasters" To make matters worse, I was not feeling all that great to start out with. Rob wanted to take me on the biggest rollercoaster from the get go- luckely, It broke down right before we got on, so we went to another rollar coaster, the screemer-this was the only roller coaster that I thought was gonna make me sick. The biggest and Robs favorite coaster is Golliath. I LOVED IT! I may have blacked out for a moment on the corkscrews, but it was the best! I also really like Deja Vu. I was worried about the Superman ride, because I had never been on a roller coaster that went backwards, and that made me nervous, but It was fun too. All in all, Magic mountain was really fun, and I really surprised myself on how much fun I had. After the park closed, Rob and I were starving (I was afraid to eat anything while still going on rides- I didnt really want to get sick) But the place we had for dinner was really good. I dont remember the name of it, but it was Mexican food (which I grew up not liking, but all the sudden I love it-and we had it several times on this trip)



Superman


Viper


Deja Vu


The View from the drop on Goliath


I survived!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I love roller coasters. I tend to black out on some of the loops as well. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic Mountain looks like a blast! Never been. Post more about your trip!!

    ReplyDelete