Monday, July 18, 2011

San Diego and Surrounding Cities

On Day 5 of the trip, we left Ventura County and headed to San Diego. When We got there, we checked into our awesome hotel, the hotel Indego. Rob and I both LOVED San Diego! Everywhere we wanted to go (for the most part) we could just walk to. Our room on the 2nd floor was high enough to see right into PETCO park. One of the odd/cool/funny thing about our hotel, was that there was a doggy bar on the 9th floor. People brought up their dogs, and both owner and pet could have a specialty drink on the patio. There was a grassy area, and a little doggy cat walk. It was pretty funny. After we got situated in our hotel room, we headed out to Horton Plaza, which is an out door mall type thing. We just walked around there a little bit, then we headed back to our hotel area (which I later found out was the gaslight district) We were Hungry, and I was thinking I wanted to have pizza. We walked into a pizza place, and they just had pizza sitting under a lamp, and nowhere to sit and eat, I quickly decided I didnt want pizza anymore. We kept walking, and stopped outside of a place called Sloppy Joeys. It was Italian food, and they had pizza, so we decided to stay. One of the cool things about San Diego is all the outdoor seating, which is great from People watchers, like Rob and I. When we sat down, we found out that the place next to us, a place called Nickey Rottens was also ownded by the same person, so we could order off either menu. Nickey Rottens was featured on MSN or Food Networks top 10 Hamburgers in the Nation. Rob got a burger (and It was amazing!) and I had chicken Parmesean (nope, not pizza ha ha) both were so good! While I was eating, I happened to be looking right at the Garadelli Chocolate store. After we ate, we went to the store, I didnt think I would get anything, because I have never been a huge fan of Garahdelli Chocolate, but I was wrong, they gave us a sample when we walked in, and I was hooked! After that we just walked around and then walked to and around the ball park. After that, we just went back to the hotel and stettled in for the night (Other than a 711 Run, which Im not even going to get into because it still makes me so mad!) The next morning we headed out for an adventure to Mexico. I had never been out of the country, so it was kind of fun. I dont think I would ever want to go back to that certain area but It was fun, and now I have been out of the country. We just walked the streets, and had lunch (which was surprisingly good) and we got 2 things, Rob got a Dodger Pancho, and I got a shot glass (Rob and I get shot glasses everywhere we go- other then Denver and Dallas- I guess we will just have to go back :-) ) after the game, we went back to the hotel, rested a little, and then Headed into Petco Park. This was the first game we have been to, where the home team did not win. (Nationals won)Rob was able to get 4 balls from Batting Practice though, so that was cool. Rob and I decided at this game, that I would pick a little kid, who was dressed in the hometeam gear, and Rob would go give them a ball. The look on the little kids face is so cute! they get so excited, and its a tradition that I am going to make sure we keep up. After the game, we went to the Gaslight District again, and had dinner at the Marble Room. This place used to be a whore house (for lack of a better name) It was not my favorite, but I was so hungry, that I ate all of my hamburger. The next day, we woke up and went to Coronado Island, and just walked around the hotel Del Coronado. I had been there once before, but Rob had never been. It was kind of boring, but it is a really pretty hotel. I would love to spend a night there. After Coronado, we went to Old Town San diego, where we stopped by the Mormon Batallian Headquarters, then headed down the hill to "Old town Cafe" I loved it! It was so good, and sometimes, I find myself craving it. When we left old town, we headed to Mission Viejo, to visit Brent and Katy, That my friends, is for next time. :-)












1 comment:

  1. Love it! Sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to explore San Diego more! Such a beautiful place. Glad you guys had such a great time!

    PS I love your new background and stuff, very cute and nice colors ;)

    ReplyDelete