Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Happiest Place On Earth


Disneyland has always been one of my favorite places to go, I have always had fond memories of "The Happiest Place on Earth" I remember the first time my family went to disenyland. We got it as a christmas presant when I was in my early elemently school years, probably 3rd or so grade. I remember feeling so overwhelmed when we first walked into the park. I was afraid of most of the rides, and I was too small to go on some of them, but it was the best christmas persant we could have gotten.

My Next memory of disneyland was when I was in 5th or so grade. All of my siblings went up to our cabin, and I was not allowed to go with them. I remember driving to the grocery store with my parents, when my mom asked my dad what he wanted for dinner, and he said Knotts Berry Farm. my mom laughed it off, and I didnt think anything else of it. The next day my mom picked me up from school, and said we had to run an errand, and it was a secret. The next thing I know, we are at a travel agents office, getting hotel and tickets for disneyland. I had to keep it a secret for about 2 or 3 days, when my siblings left for the cabin, we loaded up the car, and drove to California for our 4 days of Disney fun. It was a lot of fun going on rides with my parents, and having the whole trip be about me. When we got home, we found out that the Cabin trip got rained out, and they got home early. they had to call my grandpa and ask where we were, and told them.

I have been to disneyland a lot since those trips. My dad worked for jet blue, so we flew free, and all had season passes. We would go down for weeks, weekends, or just a random day. I have gone down during christmas time with my mom and mindi to do some "christmas" shopping, and do a ride or two.

The last time we went to disneyland was almost 3 years ago, and we did not have such a wonderful time. The whole family went to California, except my brother. We all flew in at different times, and there was some troubles with getting a hold of my dad, who was flying in later than my mom, Brittany, and I. I dont want to go into details, but this trip to disnyeland uncovered my dads afair, and it was the start of the end of my parents 30 year marriage. Needless to say, I didnt think Disneyland is the "Happiest Place on Earth" anymore.

Since that last time in disneyland, I have wanted to go back with Rob, and make brand new happy memories. Rob is not a big Disneyland fan, he perfers Magic Mountain and we just havent had time to spend more than a day or two in California. We were planning on going Back east in June, to go to some baseball games, and see all the sights, but we have had a change of plans. We are now going to California. We are going to go on a cruise to Mexico for a week, and then spend a week going in LA, going to a few baseball games, as well as Disneyland and Magic mountain. I am so excited for this trip! I know its not back east, and we are still planning on going back east sometime, but I think this trip will be just as fun. Neither of us have been on a cruise, so we are adding new and old. I am most excited for disneyland though, because I get to make new memories, with the guy I am crazy about, and my best friend!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like it will be so much fun! I love Disneyland and I hope to go on a cruise someday too. I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys, Disneyland is the best (tho Brent definitely prefers Magic Mountain too)! And a cruise sounds awesome, hope it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise you will make many more memories that weill be better than anything you have had before. I can tell you from experience that you will be able to go there and practically not think about it, at least we have. (with the exception of big thunder railroad, where we found hom talking to her on the phoen with Konnor) but I can go there everyday and see something new and make a new memory. Especially going there with new people!! it will be awesome

    ReplyDelete