Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fairwell to a great man




On September 8th, 2010 my Grandpa Luing Passed away. It was a bittersweet day for all of us, and everyone that knew him. I was up at my sister Brittany's house, when she got a call from my mom, saying the Hospice nurse didnt think Grandpa would make it through tomorrow night. I left her house right away, taking my Nephew Konnor with me for support. I got there as fast as I could, trying to explain to Kon what we were doing. Kon is a 5 year old, and I hoped and prayed I was saying the right things, so he would understand. When we got there, I was able to sneek down and have a few moments alone with my grandpa, and say goodbye. I was also able to see Kon come down, and give "Papa-great" a kiss and tell him that he loved him. My grandpa didnt say anything, but He would squeeze my hand to answer my questions. My sister mindi was the last of my siblings to arrive at about 6:55PM, at 7:00, My grandpa took his final breath, and returned to his heavenly father, with his loved ones surrounding him. Grandpa was diagnosed with Cancer about 9 years ago, then he was in remission. In early August, we were told that they doctors only thought he had 6 months left.

Obituary:
Harry Floyd Luing, Jr. 1928 ~ 2010 Harry Floyd Luing Jr. passed away on Sept. 8, 2010 at the age of 82 surrounded by his loving family. Harry was born Aug. 29, 1928 to Harry Floyd Sr. and Emily Watson Luing in Salt Lake City, Utah. Harry married Charlene Jex on June 24, 1953 (deceased). He then married Dorothy Giroux on Sept. 7, 1992. They enjoyed their golden years together, side-by-side, doing the things they loved. Harry was a veteran of the Korean Conflict. He was in the automobile repair business his entire career, and part owner of Auto Tech, Inc from 1975-2000. He enjoyed fishing, camping, and being in the great outdoors with his family and friends. He shared his dry humor and quick wit with everyone. He is survived by his wife Dorothy, his children Debra Ludlow, Craig (Karla), and Kevin (Liz) Luing, step children David (Rosemary), Jeff (Linda) Giroux, 17 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren, sister Betty (Wayne) Fawson, and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife (Charlene), and 3 sisters. A viewing will be held Sunday, September 12th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Monday from 11:00 to 11:45 a.m. at Larkin Sunset Gardens Mortuary, 1950 E. 10600 S. Graveside services will be held Monday at 12:30 p.m. in the Murray City Cemetery, 5600 S. Vine St (800 E.) Online condolences may be made at www.larkincares.com The family gives special thanks to the staff at the VA Hospital and CNS Hospice Services.

Some things I will always remember: Trips to Flaming Gorge, BBQ's the sunday before school started, Christmas Eve's, Almonds, and Watching the Murray "Smokestacks" blow up from his back patio. Heaven has one of its great men back to watch over us, while we finish our journey here on earth.

1 comment: