Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crafty Girls

Ok, so It seems like everytime I look at blogs, it seems like someone new has taken up a craft, or showing a new recipie, or something along those lines. Its really making me want to learn more things. I dont think I am a bad cook, but I do tend to make the same things over and over agian, because I know Rob likes them. So up until now, I have not really felt a need to go out of my comfort zone. It is not just cooking and baking, its Wood crafts, and scrapbooking, and card making, and everyhting! I have enjoyed doing these things in the past, I just have not done them a whole lot, and i have not done some things for quite some time. like scrapbooking. I really want to get all the pictures up until now of me and Rob, because once we have a baby, I think those pictures would be a priority, and Rob and I's would be put on a back burner. So my question for all of you, is how do you do it? how do you find the time, how do you get your ideas? and do you guys do it on your own, or do you have get togethers with your friends and family? I know I want to make some more wood things, like my GRINCH, I want to do "CARTER" and/or "FAMILY" and maybe the seasons, just something to display in our home. If anybody is interested in that, please let me know, and we will find a day and time, because those kinds of things are more fun together. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I want to do all of those things more...crafting, scrapbooking, learning new recipes...And I would love to do the FAMILY wood letters and other stuff to decorate my plain house. I just have to wait until I have a bit more mula. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing crafts and cooking right now. How I find time, well, since Joe works 3-4 nights out of the week, I have time to do fun little projects. I also have a recipe group and some of my friends are starting a craft group. Even though Joe has those nights off work, I still find myself wishing I had more time for more crafts. I really want to learn how to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wood crafts, I think you did such a cute job with the Grinch :)

    I feel the same way, Em. I've been wanting to get more involved with some of my projects too-- I tend to start something, get into it, and then stop for one reason or another. Like Brent's mission scrapbook- I reeally want to finish it so I can get onto ours before kids come too. Something I'm going to try to do is have a craft night every week on one of the nights Brent has class- maybe setting aside the time specifically for that will help.

    When it comes to recipes and cooking, what I do is write out a menu for each week (helps with grocery shopping too) and try to include at least one new recipe for us to try. Its fun to see what we end up liking and what ends up in the trash, haha.
    And crafting is definitely more fun with other people, we should do it.. maybe one of these days when there's a big Lakers game on to distract the boys :)

    ReplyDelete