Sunday, September 27, 2009

Robs Side of the Story

So this is how it all started on my end. I was sitting at work when Amie (Emily's cousin) came up to me and told me that she wanted to set me up with her cousin, but that she was pretty sure she would say no. She mentioned that Emily had never been on a blind date and had refused all previous "blind date" offers. Well, I said ok to the plan and then that was that. Nothing else was said about it. A couple days later, Amie came over and said that Emily had agreed to the blind date. I said ok, and we started talking about things that we could do for the blind date. During this time I guess Emily and Amie were texting back and forth cuz Amie would IM me every once in a while to ask me a question the Emily had asked her. Then Amie told me that Emily had looked me up on facebook and was stalking me. lol. After a few more questions from Amie I thought it would be better to just get Emily's number and text her myself. I text Emily almost immediately and we started our "text" relationship. We text everyday and pretty much all day just asking questions about each other. If I remember correctly, we started texting a little over a week before our "Blind Date" was supposed to take place. Well, to make a long story short, I felt we got along through text quite well. We talked about everything, in fact, Emily learned a lot more about me than she probably wanted before we even met. Then the wednesday before we were supposed to me, I couldn't take it anymore. Emily mentioned that she was at a lake near my house so I asked her if she wanted company. She reluctantly accepted, so I went and met her at Day Break lake. My first impression was that she was way cute. Then we just talked all while fighting off a very feisty goose. It was nice. Until the sprinklers came on. So, the first meeting went well. I think for Emily, she was just relieved that I wasn't a serial killer. Although I think she was still nervous around me for the next couple of meetings. Anyway, a couple of days later we went on our first official date. We went minature golfing. I usually hate mini golf but I had fun this time. Then after that, we met up with Amie and her husband and finished off the night with dinner and a movie. It was the first blind date I had enjoyed ever and the first time in 2 years that I wanted to see a girl again after the first date. So, I would say it was a good first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment