Sunday, September 27, 2009

Emily's Side of the Story

My cousin Amie had a crazy idea to set me up with her co-worker, Rob Carter. When she first mentioned it, i was reluctant to say yes, but after a day or two of thinking it over, I said yes. After I agreed, i asked Amie what his name was, when she told me it, I decided to see if I could find him on facebook (Rob says I facebook stalked him, I wouldnt call it stalking, more me being curious.) After that, I had questions about Rob, so I kept asking Amie. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Rob finally text me. After that, we talked via text almost all day, everyday. We had a blind date set for August 1st. on July 28th, I was at the lake at Day Break reading my book and texting. I said "why havent we met" and Rob said "I dont know" then I said "so, whats up" and Rob said "what are you doing" and then I said I was at Day break lake, and Then Rob asked if I wanted company. after what Rob says was a half hour (I dont think it was that long) I said yes. (Now- I hate to mention this, but its funny to us now. After I said yes, I text my friend Trish and told her I was about to meet Rob, I told her where we were meeting, and what I was wearing, in case I ended up missing. yes-that is a true story) When I first saw Rob, I thought he was cute. His smile took me by surprise, I instantly felt more comfortable than I even expected. We sat on my blanket and talked. There was an overly friendly goose that I thought wanted to eat me alive, and Rob was ok letting it peck at his fingers. We ended up getting ran out of my spot on the grass because of the sprinklers, so we ended up walking around the lake and talked. we probably talked for about 3 or 4 hours. It was comfortable, and I remember laughing a lot. When we said goodbye, as we were driving home, we began texting each other again. We continued to text and my anticipation for our "blind date" was getting out of hand. I was really excited. When Saturday came, I was a mess, and had the worse case of butterflies I had ever had. I was a total mess. We were supposed to double with Amie, and her husband Joe, but plans fell through. Rob and I decided to keep our plans for our date. We ended up going minature golfing, it was fun, even if I did lose. After Mini golfing, we met up with Amie and Joe and had dinner, then went back to there place and watched a movie (accepted) I remember there was a lot of flirting and laughing (at least on my end) I wanted Rob to hold my hand, but he didnt. After the movie he took me home, and gave me a hug. 10 minutes (if that) we started texting again. Since then, it hasnt stopped. It was, and has been the most unexpected and exciting ride of my life, as its said, the rest is history.

1 comment: